Odyssea Reaching Out and Updating During COVID-19
- As I write this blog, we are planning on opening on May 15th which is our normal opening day. With that being said we do not know how this situation will affect that plan. Taking it one day at a time is all we can do right now. We will be keeping you updated on our Facebook and Instagram pages as well as on our website with any new changes.
Gift Certificate and Reservation Update:
- All Gift Certificates purcahsed in 2020 can be used in 2021 as well. We can not thank you enough for the gift certificates and watersport reservations you have purchased already. With a possible delay to the season or even a slow start, gift certificates will help us with start up and to get through until business eventually picks up.
- 2020 Watersports Reservations: Book with confidence, all bookings are refundable. If you plan to make an online reservation or if you already have, that reservation can be canceled if you are not able to make your Ocean City vacation. Please call 410-723-4227 for questions and or reservations.
Steps We Are Taking to Follow Guidelines for our Businesses:
Our season has not started yet, so currently there are no business restrictions at this time but that could change over the next weeks or months. We will follow any and all restrictions and guidelines put in place for the safety of our customers and employees as needed.
Social Media Games Will Continue:
- We are taking this situation very seriously but we will still continue our weekly contests, Live broadcasts, and giveaways. We feel this could be a good way to stay connected with you and provide you with entertainment and fun during this difficult time. Follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for updates.
Let’s work together and do our part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. It seems that each passing day there are more restrictions and for good reason. Taking action NOW could mean it ends quicker. Is that guaranteed? No, but it might help and personally, we do not want to find out what happens if we don’t follow these restrictions. Below are ways we can all help each other get through this.
- Help Stop the Spread:
- Wash Hands… Seriously just wash!
- If you’re sick or not feeling well, lay low for a few days.
- Social Distancing as they call it. Distance yourself from others. This is big and if we can do this now, we won’t drag this out through the summer. That means no playdates, no group gatherings, no playground, work from home if you can, etc.
- Eat healthy food, go for walks to get fresh air, open windows and wipe surfaces with disinfected wipes are all ways to help slow the spread and keep yourself healthy.
- Help Local Businesses:
- Order carryout or delivery
- Purchase Gift Certificates now and use them later in the season when this is over.
- Reach out to a local business to see if they need help or to simply give them your support.
- Help Each other:
- Ask a neighbor, friend or business owner if they supplies.
- Maybe you can help a small business deliver food if they are not usually a delivery place.
- Pick up some simple groceries for a neighbor if they can’t get out or not feeling well.
- Donate food for school lunches.
- Stop hoarding! Just pick up what you need. The panic shopping is actually making things worse since it makes others think they need to panic shop now or they won’t get any necessities they need.
- If you have extra food or necessities, share with someone who may not have what they need.
- Take a break from the constant news on social media on TV
We do not know how long this will last but we are confident that together we can put an end to it and get back to life as it was. Try to find positivity in this tough time and keep your heads up. Thank you for your continued support and we will get through this in due time. Until we have farther information please stay safe, stay healthy and keep a positive attitude best you can. We have nothing but love for all of you and we hold onto hope that we will see you in the 2020 summer season.
~ Your Odyssea Watersports Family