Odyssea is Open with New Health Protocols
Odyssea is Ready for Memorial Day
We had a good start to the 2020 season this past weekend. We wanted to push to get open before Memorial Day weekend so that we could see how our new COVID-19 safety protocols would work. Here is what we now have in place:
- Windows have a plastic barrier on them
- Cashiers are wearing face shields and rubber gloves
- Jetski liability Paperwork is now 90% electronic. Please bring your phone to complete the paperwork. This is the area that we found out needs more work in order to make the process more efficient and more convenient for customers. We are currently working to make our pontoon boat, paddleboard, and kayak waivers paperless as well.
- Social distancing signs our posted to help encourage the 6′ distance. For this reason, we are asking customers to not bring their entire group to the ticket windows. Please have one person check-in for instructions unless the deck is empty.
- Jetski guides, pontoon boat instructors, and kayak/paddleboard instructors are wearing face masks/shields and rubber gloves when handing out life jackets, helping customers on and off jet skis.
- The life jackets and jetskis are disinfected after EACH use. You may bring your own Type III life jacket if you are more comfortable doing so.
- On our beach, you will see a green fence set up as lanes. This is to help keep groups 6′ apart while our employees give you the instructions before going on the water.
We want to thank everyone who came out this weekend to help kick off the 2020 season as well as thank all of you who were supporting us from your homes. Your patience was and is greatly appreciated as we continue to learn, make changes, and work through these new guidelines at what we now call the “New Odyssea”.
Memorial day weekend is coming up and as long as the weather is nice, the town will be busy. Reservations are needed by calling 410-723-4227. Please stay safe and be mindful of others. We are in this together. We strive to be the best jet ski rental company in Ocean City and we couldn’t do it with out our customers, so thank you for your continued support. We cant’t wait to hit the water with you!